Happy New Year! Thanks to all my readers for riding with me in 2018, especially those of you who subscribe. It was an amazing year with all kinds of new products and trends coming out. Here are some of my favorites plus a few things to keep your eye on for 2019.
My Favorite Products & Brands
- Women Who Write GR – This is a growing platform for writers to learn from each other, encourage one another and display their work together. I was able to get some hair products and am almost finished with a natural hair journal for Sistah Queens who are transitioning.
- Kinky Curly – This is a staple brand for DaLoveLEE1. It has always worked well for my natural hair journey. If you don’t know, you better find out what it will do for your tresses. The Kinky Curly Curling (KCCC) Custard is not pictured here but all my
curlfriendswho try it, love it regardless of their texture.
- Uncle Funky’s Daughter – Yes, it’s a real thing and I really like the Curly Magic. It’s works almost as well as the KCCC but it gets a much softer hold.
- AWOL Clothing – AWOL is a rising brand that I rocked all year. The clothes are high-quality, comfortable and warm. The logo is on point and items can be customized. My entire family is rocking
AWOL,because we are AWOL – All Walks Of Life. Product review coming soon.
- Barb’s Bangles – If you want classy jewelry sets that are unique and made with high-quality jewels, you need to go see Barb. Her jewels my office attire stand out. I’ve acquired several sets and notice I tend to wear them when I don’t wear my Ankh and African Queen earrings that her sister Della makes.
- Chocolate Kinks & Kurls – This is a small brand for naturals with tightly coiled, kinky curls that will expand fast. I love the Lemon Rose Hydrating Mist and the Pineapple Pina Colada Hair milk. I used them today to moisturize my New Year doo that I’ll share with you soon. The smell is delightful.
- Alikay Naturals – This is another natural hair brand that can provide some aromatherapy no matter what product you try. As you can see, I’ve tried several. They all keep my curls juicy and poppin’. I’ve been on the Lemongrass Leave-In Conditioner with the Shea Yogurt Hair Moisturize consistently for about six months.
- Maui Shea Moisture Heal & Hydrate – Hydration is everything when your hair curls tight like mine. This is a great deep conditioner that I’ve found to work well. It also can be used as a leave-in.
- ORS Curls Unleashed – I used these products early in my hair journey but not effectively. I decided to give them another when I got a sample at a natural hair event. It worked so well, I went out and bought a few more products. They worked okay. I think I like them best for styles that require manipulation like coils and twist-outs. Review coming.
- Falsies Pushup Drama – Maybelle did their thing with this one. It really makes it look like I have on falsies. I’m glad too because I was tempted to try some false eyelashes in 2018. I love long, thick eyelashes but it’s not worth the effort that’s been put into it. Here’s a great alternative. Also, check out their Superstay Matte Ink lipsticks. They stay one.
- Harmony Beauty – this line has rebranded and I absolutely love it. My favorite product is the Whipped Hydra-Healing Cream. I used it on my skin all of 2018 and it will be my first product review for 2018.
- I Don’t Care If You
ListenPodcast – This is a new weekly podcast that started in August 2018. It features my best friend Shalini and I choppingit up about everything from struggles with our hair to our need to vent about the political climate in this country. We chose the name because we know there are a lot of people who won’t agree with our liberal, feminist views. I hope my readers will check us out in 2019. Remember to subscribe and rate us. That’s how will get sponsors. (Same for this blog.) You can find us on iTunes, Stitcher and more.
My Favorite Hair Styles
What’s Going On Around Hair in 2019?
Polished Nail Bar & Spa
Grand Rapids Natural Hair Expo
I’m so excited for the Grand Rapids Natural Hair Expo. Will you be there? You better be there. It’s going to be a momentous event. One of my loyal readers will receive two free tickets for this event later in the year. Be on the look out for my next give-away.
Women’s LifeStyle Magazine
Let me know what else you think I should post on my blog. Don’t forget to subscribe and share a few articles.