Sunday was Day 9 of my Condition & Scalp Massage Challenge. It went like this:
Wash day. I’m so excited. I get to engage in some much needed self-care, give my hair the love and attention it needs to keep my hair healthy and my curls defined. People always ask if I do twist outs or curlers to make my curls pop. Nope. Not at all. Nothing but TLC for me. Self-care is on of the reasons I started my 30-day Condition and Scalp Massage Challenge. Today is Day 9. Follow me through the process.
- I’m spraying my hair with aloe and water. I made the mixture 50% purified drinking water and 50% aloe juice.
- I’m pre-pooing my curls with Tresemme Bontanique Conditioner by sectioning my hair and coating each section with the conditioner. Some people use coconut oil or olive oil to pre-poo. I like this.
- Next I’m slapping on a pastic cap for 15 minutes. The heat from my head helps my strands soak up conditioner.
- Next I’m cleansing my hair. I’m using As I Am Cleansing Pudding. I’m out of the Co-wash so I’m using my mom’s. Love You Mom.
- Now I’m deep conditioning. This is the long part. I’m gonna use Shea Moisture Raw Shea Restorative Masque and grape seed oil using the same process as the pre-poo. Section, apply and slap that plastic cap back on the night. I put my silk bonnet on top of it.
- I rinse out the conditioner I massage my leave-in onto the ends of my hair and work my way down to the roots.
- Finally I massage my scalp. I like to start at the top of my head and work my way down with my Jamaican Black Castor Oil. This is the best part. I take my time, spending at least five minutes on my scalp. (Thats long enough for me. Feel free to take more time for yourself when needed. It’s so relaxing. I rub the excess oil on the ends then style as usual.
There’s still time to join the challenge. Let me know if your interested.